Wednesday 22 July 2015

Tree planting

Yesterday, Room 28/29 went to plant trees behind the field. I felt a bit excited and a bit worried about getting dirty. 


When we arrived behind the field, Anna, Carl and Paul were waiting. We sat down on the grass. First Anna told us why we plant trees and the first reason is that if it rains on the slope and the dirt will get washed away and this called erosion. The second reason she told us is that trees give us oxygen. The last reason she told us is that there is a lot of wild lives and animals live in the trees we plant trees we will give them a habitats.    



Then Paul and Carl told us how to plant trees. they told us our first step is to get a spade and dig the soil on the slope by the fence. the second step is to put the plant in and check the hole. the third step is to get a fertilizer pellet and put it in the hole. The last step is to get the soil that we dug out and put it in the hole and fill it and give it a stamp. Paul also told us the types of trees that we were planting, we planted Toitoi, Flax, Cabbage tree and two other trees.


After that, I got into partners with Mandy and we followed the instructions to plant. We didn't have much time to plant the time flew by and we need to wash our hands and go back to class.


It was a great day. My favourite part was planting the trees. I am looking forward to see these trees when they grow bigger.



My Reflection
I was learning to add detail to my story to give the reader more information. I find this hard because I do not get all the verbs tenses. My next step is to practice my tenses more.

No comments: