Tuesday 23 June 2015

My Term 2 Week 10 recount

Last Thursday, it was Matariki. At school, we had our Matariki rotation.

First, we line up into our lines at the netball court. I was in group 13. There is a lot of little kids in my group I said to myself I had to get them good. So I tell myself i need to try be the best.

Next, Mrs Walker and Mrs Adamson take us to the basketball court to play Matariki midnight. Mrs Adamson said a Maori number to us and we need to remember it and then Mrs Adamson calls the number you need to run all the way around and to your spot and grab the poi who grabs the poi first who gets to get to the next level, you'll start with your number and then twilight and then starlight and then Matariki midnight and who got to get out of the Matariki midnight first you are the winner. In our group Najwah win the game. Then, we played I spy with Mrs Walker and Mrs Adamson as well.

After that, we went to room 7 to fold a flower. We first get a stripe of paper one of the side is sticky and one of the side is not sticky. then we follow the instructions and then the flower is made. It was awesome some of the people put them on their shirt or their head. After that, we watched the Maori videos.

Finally, we went to room 10 to make our star. First we have been given a piece of a paper that have a star outline on it. Then we need to decorate it with Maori designs I designed it with korus, After that, we cut the star out and then we made it.

And then we went back to class and then we have lunch. I had a great day. I am looking foward to do these rotation again.


No comments: